Bertie Foreman returns to Kent for remaining Championship matches
All-rounder Bertie Foreman has rejoined Kent County Cricket Club for the last six County Championship matches of the summer. The 22-year-old right-arm off-spin bowler and left-handed batsman previously played for Sussex County Cricket Club before signing a short-term contract with Kent on his 22nd birthday in May 2026.
Foreman's first spell with Kent ran from May until July 2026, during which he made an impact in both the County Championship and Vitality Blast. In a County Championship victory over Lancashire in June, Foreman scored 6 and 11 with the bat and took 2-66 in 21.5 overs during the second innings in a 140-run win. He also featured in Kent's Vitality Blast win over Sussex at Canterbury in May.
"We’re delighted to have Bertie available for the first-team again as we head into a decisive stage of our season. He is an extremely hard worker and provides another spin option for us as well as a left-handed batting option. He deserves this opportunity to play more county cricket after contributing to two victories for us earlier in the summer," Kent director of cricket Simon Cook was quoted as saying by Kent Online.
The reunion comes after Kent experienced significant disruption to their overseas player plans. South African spinner Senuran Muthusamy was originally scheduled to join Kent from the start of the Vitality Blast but faced delays due to a knee injury. Cricket South Africa subsequently withdrew their No Objections Certificate for Muthusamy, first amending his arrival date to August 1 and then withdrawing him completely.
"Unfortunately, and frustratingly, we’ve been informed by Cricket South Africa (CSA) that they have withdrawn their No Objections Certificate for Senuran Muthusamy, who was originally set to join us from the start of the Vitality Blast, which was then amended by CSA to 1 August, and now taken off the table completely just as he was set to arrive," Cook said.
Also Read: For any cricketer, the County Championship is a huge opportunity, Mahipal Lomror says on Surrey call-up
Kent prepared to return to four-day action with a visit to Middlesex at Merchant Taylors' School in Northwood as they pushed toward the conclusion of the summer season.
Share this article:
Comments
Loading comments...
Related Articles
Joe Root vows to keep Bazball core as he begins second stint as England Test captain
Joe Root returns as England Test captain and says he will preserve the best of what Ben Stokes and Brendon McCullum built, not discard it.
Jack Davies announces retirement from professional cricket at 26
The Middlesex wicketkeeper ends his career after six seasons, having made over 100 appearances across formats and accumulated 2,000 runs.
'We are in a good place' - Scotland coach Owen Dawkins confident of 2027 World Cup qualification
Scotland's head coach expresses optimism after qualifying for the ODI World Cup Qualifier, which will determine four spots for the 2027 global tournament.
